Our commitment to you
At Inkive, we believe that YOU should choose whom you share YOUR information with. Pretty simple, huh?
We make it real easy to protect your information, so that you never have to worry who sees what, as each book you create has its own privacy settings.
- Simply, choose between a public profile (anyone can follow you) or a private profile (people will have to request your permission to follow you). In either case, you will still control which books people can and cannot view.
- Choose the privacy options for every book you create, either;
- Make it public, so the world can see it.
- Make it available only to your followers.
- Make it available to creators, contributors and friends you tag.
- Make it completely private, and it will be only ever visible to the book's creators.
As we need to provide detailed information on our privacy policies, the page below was written to explain what information we collect, how your information is used and the options you have regarding your information.
We collect information in 3 ways:
When you provide it to us.
When you sign up for Inkive, you voluntarily provide us certain information, including your name, photos, comments, likes, email address, and any other information you give to us. If you're using Inkive on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
When you give us permission to obtain it.
You may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may want to connect your Facebook or Instagram accounts to your Inkive account, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts, such as your contacts and photos. The information we obtain from these third-party websites often depends on your settings or their privacy policies.
When you use our services.
When you use our services we collect some information automatically.
- Log Data. Our system records information about your interaction with our products, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. Your browser or your mobile app sends us this information when you use them to access Inkive. Inkive uses Log Data to provide its services and to customize and improve them.
- Device Information. We also collect information about the device you're using Inkive on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you're using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone.
We use the information we collect to provide you a service, to make our products better, to develop new products; and to protect Inkive and our users.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content - including suggesting you people to follow or printed books you may like to purchase.
We also use the information we collect to send you updates on Inkive's activities (such as your friends’ updates, invitations and comments) newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings.
The information we collect may be "personally identifiable" (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or "non-personally identifiable" (meaning it can't be used to specifically identify you).
We offer you many choices over your information. If you have an account with us, you can access your account settings, which give you the option to;
- Access and change information in you profile at any time, and choose whether your book profile is public (anyone can follow you) or private (people will have to request your permission to follow you).
- Access and change information on each book at any time, and choose whether each book is visible only by you and other creators, by your followers, by the tagged and contributors list or by everybody (public).
- Link or unlink your Inkive account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Instagram).
- Deactivate your account at any time.
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Inkive. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
- To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
Inkive is a tool people use to share their memories with family and friends. When you create public books, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your Inkive account to those services or publish your activity on Inkive to them. For example, you can choose to publish your books to Facebook or Twitter.
- In the course of operating the Inkive site, it is necessary to store on our network small images of finished pages for the books that are created.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Inkive; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent.
We may change this policy from time to time, and when we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage Users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. If you continue to use Inkive after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.
Last updated May 15, 2015